- RSS Channel Showcase 2290476
- RSS Channel Showcase 6112068
- RSS Channel Showcase 6570680
- RSS Channel Showcase 8699604
Articles on this Page
- 11/10/08--10:45: _Logical Aesthetics
- 01/20/09--14:10: _D.I.Y. – Handbook f...
- 11/01/09--13:33: _‘an eye for an eye ….’
- 09/14/10--06:41: _Dancing in my mind ...
- 11/22/10--13:52: _some favorites to l...
- 12/13/10--05:43: _Danced Diversity
- 01/20/11--10:16: _The Offside Rules
- 03/23/11--07:13: _Future Beauty
- 10/30/11--10:52: _Can we talk about t...
- 06/11/13--12:25: _My only true countr...
- 03/06/14--06:30: _tauberbach – sensin...
- 06/03/14--14:40: _Pieces in the space...
- 03/11/15--12:26: _Keep it real
- 10/25/15--13:37: _Drawn into DrawnOnward
- 12/08/16--05:43: _The battle that doe...
- 11/10/08--10:45: Logical Aesthetics
- 01/20/09--14:10: D.I.Y. – Handbook for Change
- 11/01/09--13:33: ‘an eye for an eye ….’
- 09/14/10--06:41: Dancing in my mind – Suzushi Hanayagi
- 11/22/10--13:52: some favorites to look forward to ……
- 12/13/10--05:43: Danced Diversity
- 01/20/11--10:16: The Offside Rules
- 03/23/11--07:13: Future Beauty
- 10/30/11--10:52: Can we talk about this?
- 06/11/13--12:25: My only true country is my body
- 03/06/14--06:30: tauberbach – sensing Bach
- 06/03/14--14:40: Pieces in the space of in-between
- 03/11/15--12:26: Keep it real
- 10/25/15--13:37: Drawn into DrawnOnward
- 12/08/16--05:43: The battle that does not need to be won …
Research as Cultural Practice has been addressed now for some time, but this work by gatescherrywolmark I came across the other day is really presenting its expression/result in form of an interesting and refreshing media piece. The visible traces of the past in the present provide the essential material from which the video, Logical Aesthetics, [...]
As we speak about change today – why not take a look at the ‘Handbook for changing our World‘? ‘A Radical Guide to Ethical and Sustainable Living’ Climate change, resource wars, privatisation, the growing gap between rich and poor, politicians that don’t listen. Massive issues, but how can we make any difference? This book shows [...]
.. but may be I’ll take two – hope you don’t mind …. …. that at least is the impression I got, when I finally had the chance to see Avi Mograbi’s documentary Z32. Nevertheless by the filmmaker’s doubts, which have been mixed into the film as questioning songs, it all together might – regarding [...]
I know, I should have been writing more with all the dancing on my mind from the stimulating Tanz im August event, and I hope I will get to it the next days. Though first I want to focus on the quite moving event with Robert Wilson’s hommage (german audio on demand link) to the [...]
.. as I might be able to attend …. or at least consequent pieces …. Xavier Le Roy – Self Unfinished (1998) .. will be able to see ‘Babel’ in December though this looks amazing …. .. and just something I would loved to have seen ..
Spoken language and body language, both mix in an exquisite way in the latest piece of Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui en Damien Jalet – BABEL (words). The piece fascinatingly shows a wide variety of expressions including aggression, humor, an almost slapstick-like behavior and a deep sensuality for the forms and languages of the body, – and [...]
‘The Offside Rules‘ is the last production form the dancegroup around Constanza Macras, which was commissioned by the Goethe Institut for the 2010 football World Cup. In this coproduction of the Goethe-Institut South Africa, the Market Theatre, Johannesburg, and Constanza Macras/Dorky Park, three performers from Macras’ company teamed up with dancers from Johannesburg, who were [...]
Japan on the mind with all the horrifying news on earth quakes, tsunami and the nuclear disaster dropping in continuously – should one read the title as a promising outlook? ‘Future Beauty – 30 years of Japanese fashion’, the latest show at the Munich Haus der Kunst arrived via the Barbican in London at least [...]
Currently the Britain located DV8 Physical Theater is on tour with their latest piece ‘Can we talk about this?’. It is a dance piece, which builds heavily on the actual theme of Islamophobia with specific accentuation on the British situation and thus luckily also recruits its dancers from a multicultural background. For me personally this [...]
Faustin Linyekula & CCN-Ballet de Lorraine La Création du monde 1923 – 2012 Recreation of the choreography of 1923: Millicent Hodson & Kenneth Archer see an excerpt here at youtube Body politics is of great concern these days, and here in the West we are so often subject to it through subtle and habitual ways, that we [...]
The titel Tauberbach of one of the latest pieces of Les Ballets C de la B and Alain Platel, if translatable at all might be read as deafbach, which includes this misspelling of putting two words (deaf +Bach) together, which usually are not written that way. Tauberbach refers to the work of the polish artist […]
CocoonDance ‘Pieces of Me’ dissolves the fixed stage as well as linear narration. Concepts like these certainly attract my attention, nevertheless I am also aware that such an experiment might not necessarily lead to an immersing experience of now here, but eventually a no where situation. In the case of this piece it is hard […]
“Keep It Real is shameless and straightforwardly queer. A post-feminist influenza, highly contagious that can cause enjoyment. The protagonist cyborg-bitches tease the thin border between fiction and reality, and their bitch magic goes overboard contaminating everything around them. Zombies and cyborgs seem utterly human and these queer bodies possess dangerous political possibilities, but what is […]
Concepted by Jeremy Wade DrawnOnward is a collaboration with the choreographer Juli Reinartz, musician and co-performer Marc Lohr, writer John-Erik Jordan, costume designer Grzegorz Matlag and dramaturge Maximilian Haas. Or according to the acceleration from the leaflet: DrawnOnward is a…
HAU 2, 3.12.2016 A composition of pieces and elements could also be described what Ian Kaler presents as the third part of the o.T. series, this time subtitled (incipient futures). Though in this case, rather than fostering the sensation of…